Weight loss efforts that really pay off go far beyond a fad diet and casual exercise once in a while. It requires proper planning and a strong determination beyond wishful thinking.
You’ve probably come across several complex weight loss plans that actually make the task of losing weight difficult and complicated. You can achieve your weight loss goals with these simple yet powerful weight loss strategies provided you rigorously follow all the steps.
You do not have to feel hungry and unsatisfied to lose weight. It just requires careful planning and consistent compliance.
strategies for guaranteed weight loss
1. Start Your Day with Lemon Water
Optionally, add a little raw honey. You can also add a little black pepper powder as it helps with fat burning and suppresses fat accumulation.
Drink this solution daily.
Note: Use fresh lemon juice rather than the bottled version. Do not use processed honey as it will do more harm than good.
2. Take Apple Cider Vinegar
Drink it once daily in the evening.
You can gradually increase the amount of apple cider vinegar up to 2 tablespoons per glass. Do not drink it in excess, though.
3. Replace Your Regular Tea/Coffee with Green Tea
4. Run Baby Run!
Do a treadmill workout for at least 25 minutes daily.
Alternatively, do brisk walking for at least 30 minutes and running for a few minutes in a nearby park.
5. Eat a Healthy Diet
- Steer clear of fried and fatty foods. Also, restrict your sugar as well as salt intake (excess salt contributes to water retention that adds water weight). Look for healthier versions of your favorite foods. For instance, opt for homemade air-popped popcorn (do not add butter) instead of high-calorie, oil-popped popcorn.
- Eliminate white flour products like white bread, cookies, muffins, pizzas, hot dogs, burgers, pasta and similar foods from your diet. Opt for whole grain and healthier versions of these foods. Product labels should state “100 percent whole grain”, not just “made with whole grains” or “multi-grain”.
- Eat more fiber and proteins but fewer carbohydrates. Proteins will help you feel full longer and reduce cravings.
- Include healthy foods like apples, berries, low-fat yogurt, quinoa, oats, whole wheat, buckwheat, brown rice, beans, pulses, spinach, broccoli and other fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains in your diet.
- To stay motivated and prevent yourself from feeling deprived, you can cheat your diet once in a while and indulge in your favorite delicacies like a pasta dish, 2 slices of pizza, a medium-size chocolate chip cookie or a small wedge of cheesecake. Set a day aside for one cheat meal once a week. Remember, moderation is the key. Plus, avoid treating yourself to trigger foods like a bag of chips that you know you just can’t stop eating. To get the most satisfaction from your cheat meal, eat it slowly and avoid distractions while eating.
- Opt for fresh instead of packaged fruit juices laden with sugar and preservatives. As far as possible, opt for more fruits rather than fruit juices as in addition to nutrients, fruit pulp will also provide dietary fiber.
- Include virgin coconut oil in your diet. It is easy to digest, good for your health and also helps improve metabolism. The unique combination of fatty acids in coconut oil is particularly great for reducing abdominal weight. It also helps beat sugar and alcohol cravings. You can also use extra-virgin olive oil for cooking.
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals.
- Do not skip meals, especially breakfast.
- Eat your last meal of the day at least 2 hours before bedtime and avoid late-night snacking.
- Avoid mindless eating and practice portion control by using smaller plates and bowls.
6. Drink Plenty of Water
Do not drink water during or immediately after a meal as it may impair digestion. It is best to drink water about 30 minutes after eating a meal.
Do not substitute water with soft drinks and colas that contain calories.
Eat more water-rich fruits and vegetables.
7. Get Proper Sleep
According to a 2010 study by University of Chicago researchers, cutting back on sleep can reduce the benefits of dieting. The study found that although the amount of weight lost was the same in dieters who got a full night’s sleep and those who slept less, those who got adequate sleep lost more fat (more than half of the weight they lost came from fat) than the ones who got less sleep (only one-fourth of their weight loss was fat).
Get a good night’s sleep of 6 to 8 hours daily. The best way to do this is to stick to a schedule, going to sleep and waking up at the same time every day.
- Enjoy swimming, tennis, football, basketball, racquetball, heavy gardening, cycling and other physical activities to help burn fat.
- Be more active in your daily life by parking your car further away from your office, taking the stairs instead of the elevator and walking while talking on your cell phone instead of sitting on your couch.
- You can also try yoga.
- Enjoy an 8-ounce glass of fresh coconut water 3 or 4 times a week. Do not drink it in excess though, as it may add more calories than you want.
- If possible, include more spices like chili pepper, black pepper, ginger, garlic and cinnamon in your food. They help boost metabolism and aid in losing weight. Cayenne pepper, in particular, contains a compound called capsaicin that helps increase the metabolic rate, suppresses appetite and fights fat buildup.