Losing weight is very important, not only to see us well in front of the mirror, but also because excess weight usually triggers other diseases such as cholesterol, heart failure, fatty liver disease or hyperuricemia, among others. In this sense, the pineapple diet is very effective when it comes to losing weight.
The pineapple diet is a thinning method that, being very low in calories, allows you to lose weight quickly. However, it must be taken into account that this diet is often misused. This is so because various diet plans propose to consume only pineapple for 3 days which does indeed help to lose weight quickly, but this does not mean that effectively.
If we consume only pineapple for three days, we will only recover the weight immediately after finishing the diet. The reason for this is that the pineapple, being a natural diuretic, causes us to get deflated, so that weight loss is not real. In addition, the drastic reduction of calories leads directly to the rebound effect that makes us recover the lost pounds.
Pineapple diet: correct way to use it
How Pineapple diet Aids Weight Loss
- Pineapple contains bromelain, a proteolytic enzyme, that helps to reduce inflammation. Inflammation causes weight gain by rendering the weight control hormone leptin less effective.
- Pineapple improves digestion. The various enzymes and phytonutrients present in pineapple ensure proper digestion and help to cleanse the colon. This, in turn, helps shed weight and reduces bloating.
- The bromelain present in pineapple also helps in nutrient absorption, slows down bowel movement, and therefore helps to suppress appetite.
- Pineapples are rich in vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, and phytonutrients. 1 cup of pineapple contains 70-80 calories, and since pineapples are juicy and filling, you don’t feel hungry for a longer time.
- Pineapple helps you to stay active and energetic as it is rich in vitamin B1. Vitamin B1 is a cofactor to the enzymatic reaction required for energy production. When you are active, you tend to accumulate fewer toxins and your metabolism keeps firing. This also contributes to weight loss.
The pineapple diet consists of doing the five meals daily but following this plan:
Morning collation : 1 glass of pineapple juice.
Lunch : vegetable broth, 200 grams of chicken and 2 slices of pineapple.
Snack : 1 glass of pineapple juice, half brown bread toast and 1 egg.
Dinner : Chicken, lettuce and pineapple salad. 2 slices of pineapple as a dessert.
Follow this plan consuming the same thing for 5 days and you will notice real changes. Make sure that the pineapple is natural and not canned so that its nutrients are in full quality.
Benefits of pineapple diet to lose weight:
-Is low in calories
-It has a very powerful diuretic effect
-Helps cleanse the liver, pancreas and kidneys
-It has high levels of fiber that help to accelerate the metabolism
-Detoxifies and purifies the body
-Pineapple contains a mixture of digestive enzymes that are very effective for burning fat
-Pineapple is easy to get and prepare
Disadvantages of pineapple diet:
-It can be very monotonous
-Not suitable for people with kidney problems
-Its powerful diuretic effect can cause you to dehydrate (that’s why you need to consume lots of water)
-It can not be continued for a long time because it increases the risk of suffering from diseases due to malnutrition
-Not suitable if you need to lose many kilos
Because it is a diet with a very low calorie content, it is advisable that, once you are done, start eating healthy foods gradually and avoid the fats and processed foods so as not to fall back on the rebound effect.
In addition, we recommend that you consult your doctor before doing this diet to be sure that you can do it without problems.
Read more :